You definitely need to improve your SEO with the below mentioned innovative approaches since it is a vital element for any business or any individual enterprise. The practice of SEO is not only restricted to traffic and visibility, but it is also equally important for creating a BRAND.
It can even help in maintaining quality and reputation of a brand in the digital environment for a long-term. However, how to improve your SEO? What are the innovative approaches to improve your SEO?
Here, we present the most known yet innovative approaches to structure and improve your SEO and advance the way you are working for website optimization of search engines.
Top 6 Innovative approaches to improve your SEO
Organic SEO (natural SEO) is a free and usual way to bring traffic to the website from search engine. An organic SEO is a time-consuming process and results may take considerable time to affect the bottom line, whereas an inorganic SEO provides results in substantial short times.
The implementation of these advanced and innovative approaches will improve your SEO and double your organic website traffic.
1. Acquisition of link building
Earlier link building was often done through black hat SEO techniques. However, fortunately after the Google Penguin, an algorithm update that was created to penalize sites that were creating unnatural Backlinks, the scenario is improving and moving towards white hat link building.
In order to obtain quality inbound links, follow these innovative yet effective techniques to improve your SEO and boost your rankings:
- Understand the link-building strategy and innovative approaches of your competitors
- Build ethical business relationships: promote your articles/blogs on others websites and do blog commenting and posting on various sites having high DA/ PA.
- Build professional network on social media platforms and let your followers know about your website and your business
- Get rid of broken links
- Implement Schema mark-up to your website. Schema.org provides a particular set shared vocabulary that you can use to mark up your pages so that the major search engines can understand them.
- Do guest blog posting on quality and relevant sites.
2. Strategic approach towards keywords
An unbeatable keyword strategy, as a part of innovative approaches, involves choosing high-performing keywords that drive relevant traffic to the intended website. Selecting the right keywords can make a remarkable difference in SEO campaigns and ultimately improve your SEO results. The right selection of right keywords will help your website rank well on Google and other search engines. The ideal keyword strategies comprise highly relevant keywords that relate closely to a particular business or are associated with a particular industry.
Always have long-tail keywords to compete with already established SEO. It means instead of short-tail keywords of 1-3 words like “make money online”, “lose weight”, and “communication skills” use long-tail keywords like “how to make money online with affiliate marketing”, “how to lose 20 kg weight in 3 months without dieting”, and “how to improve online communication skills”.
To determine the success of keywords that improve your SEO, you need to consider the following parameters:
- Extraction of a general list of keywords and keyword phrases from competitors’ website & target market
- Relevance of keywords concerning your website content
- Research of keywords on regular basis
- Resemblance of keywords with the vocabulary of target audience
- Usage of keywords that are unique to the content for each web page
3. Focus on quality of content vs. quantity of content
Google Panda considers the quality of a site’s content when ranking sites in the search results. For websites that have lower quality content or copied content, they would possibly get adversely impacted by Panda.
By now we all know that ‘content is king’ and it is. In fact, it is “kingdom” and can effectively improve your SEO. Your quality content brings engagement and ultimately boosts brand awareness. Have content optimized thoroughly on your each and every web page. The key here is to come up with engaging and quality content is writing for your users, search engines will then automatically take care of your rankings. Of course, long form content performs well; however, short form content hasn’t yet lost its charm. So, maintain a right amount of proportion of long form vs. short form blogs and other content. In a nutshell, have all sort of content (textual and visual i.e. images, info graphics, GIFs, and videos), to delight your readers with a variety of quality and original content.
And hence, original content is critical. The spinning of content will never get you good rankings. Your blog or website can even get penalized by Google for such low-quality content. For whatever content you publish on your website, you need to ensure that the content is user-friendly. Visitors prefer content that reads in straightforward and easy-to-understand language. Google boosts all those websites that can engage the readers to keep them hooked on the site longer.
4. Optimization of on page factors
You can earn quality backlinks through strategic techniques and innovative approaches of off page SEO. However, your on-page factors also need to be optimized for better rankings.
Here are few handy things which you can take care of to improve your SEO:
- Your SEO efforts can go waste if your use either too long or too short titles and descriptions
- Always have your Focus Keyword in Meta titles, Meta descriptions, and headings
- Check the presence, relevance, and optimization of Title tags and Meta descriptions on each of your website page
Also pay due attention to conversion optimization aspects such as site speed, image optimization, video optimization, code optimization, aesthetic look of the site, and more.
5. Implementation of timely website audit
An innovative SEO is just not possible if your website audit does not take place on a timely basis. A website SEO audit should not miss on any of the following parameters:
- Elimination of Site and URL errors
- Evaluation of XML sitemap
- Assessment of content
- Assessment of site speed and canonicalization
- Verification of Robots.txt files
- Authentication of site architecture
- Ensure your website is responsive
An audit report of your website will reveal insights on your site’s ranking criteria, bounce rates, user engagement time on any specific page, search percentages, and website traffic. Furthermore, it also aids you to address broken links, response time, download time, and other HTML errors, if any.
We recommend the following tools/tips for a great website SEO audit:
- Google’s SEO Guidelines
- Google Analytics
- Moz Title Tag Preview Tool
- Google and Bing Webmaster Tools
6. Measuring SEO success based on analytics
Improvement cannot be made possible if you are not aware of flaws. Similarly, SEO cannot be improved if you do not measure the effectiveness of your SEO efforts through analytics.
In Google Analytics, track your SEO campaigns. Apart from monitoring your ranking, keep an eye on your non-branded traffic, improvements in engagements, and other parameters. Figure out which online campaigns bring the most traffic and conversions and why they are performing better. Check the location of your best visitors. With the help of ‘site search’ function, site determines what people are searching on the web and what they are looking for on your site. To check your goal conversions, checkout at what point of site people abandon the shopping cart.
SEO is more like a fishing rather than hunting. Search Engine Optimization is a cornerstone of any good web marketing strategy. Good SEO skills are excellent web management skills as well since they result in standard-based website implementation, well-organized information architecture, and well-written on-topic content.
Are you ready to improve your SEO? If yes, right away implement these innovative approaches and experience the exquisite results. If you have anything else to add, do drop in your words in the comments section!