As the internet becomes a place of hardcore commerce, with its ever-increasing accessibility, it becomes essential to work on the landing page optimization in order to make the most of this wave. When digital surfers land on your page, you need to convince them that your website is actually worth exploring.
No matter what, people do judge a book based on the cover. Primarily, it is important for you to chart out your landing page elements.
So, here are 25 things to keep in mind as you work on Landing Page Optimization and Conversions. Treat this as your definitive landing page optimization guide.
- Navigation: Make sure that the page is not cluttered so that observation and exploration become easier and more efficient. It should be balanced without being too wordy or too occupied with images. Conversation drop offs are a big no-no. Keep everything to the point and precise. You should ideally tailor the navigation of your website in such a way that you guide the visitor through an immersive novel. Yes, it is an intricate art in itself.
- Points/Lists: Our brain has a thing for lists and points. It is easier to not only grasp them but also helps in remembering and recalling crucial information. Also, for the people who just skim through the information, this is the best way to make them read all of the significant elements that you want them to notice.
- Empty Space: Don’t clutter so much that the important things tend to lose focus. Put white blank spaces to bring the visitor’s attention to the offers, applications, plus points and call to action buttons. This will considerably help in increasing conversions. Just like a conversation, it is best to intersperse your words with moments of silence, rather than keep chattering incessantly.
- Images: A picture is worth a thousand words. This is true. But don’t overdo it. They are an important social media promotion tool. They can also be used to create landing pages and optimize conversion rates by being a quick and easy tool to express information about your page. However, put too many images on your page and you can serious decrease the loading time of your website.
- Colour Scheme: A good color scheme can do wonders to your page appearance. At the same time, a bad one has the potential to make it look terrible. The color scheme should be such that significant information is exemplified while peripheral information is given a hue of its own. Schemes like Hex Colour Scheme Generator, Adobe Kuler, Colour Scheme Designer, etc. can be used to generate refined color schemes.
- Positioning: The Call to Action button, form fields, and other significant information should be kept above the fold. Simply put – everything significant should be captured with a simple glance. Design your landing page layout in such a way that visitors just cannot miss important buttons and information.
- Capture in a Blink: You have approximately five seconds to grab the attention of your prospective customer. They have myriad other options to choose from and if the page doesn’t grab their attention they will definitely move on.
- Call to Action: Call to Action is a button that can give you the power to make the consumer do what you want them to. This can include watching a video, downloading an app or simply checking out a page. It is one of the most prominent features of your landing page. They should be clear, with contrasting colors in order to make them noticeable, short and to the point, which would ultimately lead to the immediate reaction.
- Competitive Comparison: See what your competitors are doing. See what works for them and what doesn’t. Also, show them what is your USP or Unique Selling Point. Tell them what you’ve got to offer that they can’t. All these elements are necessary to boost the immersive power of your landing page.
- Make it Urgent: Show the customer that they might lose out on amazing offers if they don’t use your call to action right now. Use the scarcity tactics. Convince them to increase the conversion rates, just for their own benefits. Help them profit from your own gains, and your conversions will definitely sky-rocket.
- Make it about the customer: Tell them what you have in store for them, how they can benefit from your page and why exactly they cannot refuse the offer you are making.
- Know What You Are: You must be clear on all the various aspects of your website or your company, including the offers, campaigns, benefits and all the other miscellaneous aspects that are a part of who you are. Think of all the questions you can come up with a prospective client and answer them before you put them out into the open.
- Know the Client: To create a landing page that is appealing to prospective customers you first need to know what appeals them. Create demographics for target clients, and perhaps, observe in detail the daily preferences of the customers.
- Know the Competition: Again, to outperform someone, you need to know how they perform and function. Research on them and learn about what works and what does not work for them.
- Contact Information: Put up reachable working and active contact information. Accessibility adds to the conversion rates because it shows that you do care for the consumers.
- Don’t Exaggerate: Be clear and honest about what you can and cannot offer. Don’t make promises that you would not be able to fulfill. That just decreases your worth and relevance, thereby decreasing the trust of your customers in you.
- Consistency: Be consistent with everything – promotions, content, marketing, landing page and unique selling points. A lapse in uniformity can cost a lot in the digital wilderness.
- Use a bit of Psychology: Some color schemes appeal more than others. Putting up faces on the website increases the trust of the prospective customers. So, use a few psychological dimensions to increase conversions.
- Converse: Respond and converse with your customers. Instill a bit of personal marketing. Speak the language of your prospective customer. Use the terms they would understand and avoid jargons.
- Positive Customer Reviews: Put up some of the best responses from customers on the landing page. This increases the trust and relevance, thus, the conversion rates.
- The length of the Forms: Balance the number of questions in the form. Don’t make it too lengthy and pick only the necessary information.
- Use Keywords: Place proper keywords all through the landing page. This helps with search engine optimization and can considerably increase conversion rates by increasing the overall traffic onto your website.
- Title: Make the title to the point and make sure that it is not too lengthy. Also, use keywords in the title to make it optimum for search engines. This is again an important element for improving SEO standards of your website.
- Include Quick Social Share Buttons: Search Engines consider highly shared pages to be among the most relevant ones. Make the share buttons easy to see and contrast them on the basis of the platform they stand for. This adds a lot of diversity and significance to the aspect of sharing and social media promotions as a whole.
- Meta Tags: Meta tags are the stuff that the search engines read. They are thus, very important. So, use them for meta titles, keywords, meta description, alt tags and image descriptions. These descriptions will essentially define the way in which search engines treat your website.