Conversion rate optimization weeds out unnecessary traffic and improves one’s revenue stream, while the process of A/B testing help you understand what is working for you and what needs to be changed. Having such a tool as A/B testing to verify the effectiveness of the steps and methodology of CRO is a potent benefit. Learn how to wield these powerful weapons in order to take your business to a whole new level.
The Need of the Hour
Today we are spoilt for choices; the myriad options at your disposal have us behave like children in a candy shop. Even though this may be fun for the visitors, being a website owner and having to deal with one-time visitors can be a bit frustrating. The need of the hour is to engage random visitors in such a way that they are converted into loyal customers, who will not think twice before selecting your website for their needs amongst a plethora of choices.
The Battle Plan
The basic skeleton of a powerful conversion rate optimization plan, through the process of A/B testing, looks something like this:
- Deciding the test strategy
- Defining the test hypothesis
- Designing the test
- Running the tests
- Measuring the performance
- Implementing changes and repeating the workflow.
The Major Targets
Some of the major elements that need to be focused on before initiating an A/B test, involves crucial aspects of landing page optimization as well as website optimization. Some of the crucial elements that need consideration during the testing process include the following:
- Overall web design
- Graphic User Interface
- On-site navigation
- Accuracy of content
- Visual appeal and proper utilization of images
The March towards High Conversion rate optimization
1. Build or recruit an experienced team: Owing to the constant topsy-turvy nature of digital trends and the Internet in general, it is difficult to create a team of professionals who are able to navigate such an uncertain landscape. The level of expertise that the individuals in such a team possess, can certainly impact the effectiveness of the process of CRO, and in turn, the return on investment (Formula for ROI ).
Due to the comparative infancy of CRO as an industry, it is crucial that you have the processes and resources in place before you go about creating a team. Considering elements such as gasification and incentivization during the process of CRO can be effective techniques for ensuring the progress of your team in this realm.
2. Reduce integration barriers: Using tools or platforms which integrate seamlessly with each other in order to help resolve integration issues. It is crucial to understand how different tools and practices within the realm of conversion rate optimization can be coupled and used together to create powerful strategies. Moreover, just sticking to the combination of A/B testing and conversion rate optimization can also prove to be a large disadvantage, owing to the lack of exploration of other options that could be coupled with the same.
3. Budgetary plans and structures: One of the main principles of the process of CRO is to ensure that you start from scratch each time, without carrying any assumptions that could potentially backfire. Working in such an uncertain field of experimentation can be dangerous for any organization, especially if budgetary concerns are not mitigated in the beginning itself. Therefore, always make sure that you have a complete budget plan crafted for your endeavor before you partake of it. Owing to the immense importance of CRO in the present day digital world, it can be a lucrative option to channel budget from other departments into the conversion optimization strategy of the company.
4. Building a CRO culture: An important element of consideration for ensuring the success of a CRO strategy is to inculcate a culture of CRO within the organization itself. This includes spreading awareness amongst the personnel in the organization about the various ways in which CRO can contribute to the overall success of the business as a whole. This can include periodic sessions and discussions about innovative strategies and methods which can be employed for effective conversion rate optimization.
5. Personalization is the way ahead: One of the most effective ways to ensure a successful CRO strategy is to invest in the personalization of websites. This includes personalizing the entire experience of navigating through a website according to the preferences and needs of the visitor. Even though the practice of personalization is a realm of endless opportunities, an organization can benefit tremendously by implementing the basics of the same. This includes aspects such as homepage affinity targeting, where the content on the homepage of a website is designed to cater to the visitor’s previous browsing activities and behavior.
CRO and A/B testing are powerful tools which, if used correctly, can bring about a paradigm shift for your business. However, it is very important to understand the basics of the process before delving into the advanced intricacies of the same. Conversion rate optimization starts at a minuscule level of the organization and needs to be built up in a thorough manner to ensure any kind of progress. The only way to create a dent in the realm of CRO is by inculcating it as an everyday way of life in the organization.