In our Twitter chat, we tried to emphasize more on its overall importance and process. Our main purpose of having chats was again served at the level best possible parameter due to the presence and active participation of our industry friends. QL Tech conveys heartfelt gratitude to each and everyone who participated and shared their knowledge.
The entire chat revolved around various activities of social media audit. The gist of the chat participation is summed up as follows:
- Social Media Audit is a process to review your current social media activities, understand what’s wrong and what’s working well for you. For this you need to break down your metrics, social share, and other parameters to evaluate and optimize your business’s social media profiles and strategies.
- One of the benefits it offers is to do analysis of your online competition; for this, tools like LikeAlyzer, Klear (formerly Twtrland), Twitonomy, Crowdbabble, Buzzsumo, Socialbakers, and Analytics can be used.
- To start with conducting social media audit, an analyst need to focus on:
- Monitor the presence on various social networks and engagement thereon
- Keep a check on the content shared
- Observe how audience is engaging on what type of content
- A strategic approach towards a perfect social media audit roadmap comprise of alignment of social goals with your social networks. Based on that have your social media audit template for each of your social platforms and target audience. Analyze best and worst channels for you to understand what is working well and what needs drastic improvement. A balanced focus on social media activities and feedback and quality of customer services will help you to go scrutinize your overall social media performance. Remember, a failure to focus on overall picture will never show actual results.
- There are many social media auditing tools available in the market, with paid and non-paid options. To name a few of them, Buzzsumo, Klout, Followerwonk, Kred, Facebook insights, Twitter analytics, LinkedIn insights, Buzzsumo, RivalIQ, SEMrush Social Media Tool, Hootsuite, Buffer are highly popular.
- Conducting social media audit and analyzing its results will help you know your social media mistakes which you can stop making to enhance your performance and boost your presence. Lack of relevant conversation and failure to timely response are the biggest failures for most of the social accounts.
Rehearsal the unique information and ideas that were exchanged during the chat!
Take a look at the Storify recap of “Social Media Audit“
What people are saying:
Questions on Social Media Audit
14 June 2017
Q3: If you are going to carry out a #socialmedia audit of a company or brand, what steps/parameters would you consider? #AskQL
Click the Tweet to get a full view of chat:
— QL Tech Australia (@QLTechAustralia)
15 Jun 2017
Any further thoughts? Do drop in your words in the comments section! We’d love to hear from you.