This week’s Twitter chat discussed the logic and relevance of link building in SEO. QL Tech conveys warm appreciation in this ice-cold winter to each and everyone who participated and shared their ideas.
The abstract of the chat contribution is briefed as follows:
- Link building is considered as one of the best off-page SEO techniques to increase the website traffic. Remember, only natural link building can help your SEO otherwise Google may penalize you.
Of course, there are other techniques as well like social media interaction and engagement, quality customer services, visiting popular blogs and participating in comments, etc. While focusing on off-page SEO, one should not ignore the power of content and on-page elements.
- In most of the cases, a nofollow link from sites having better domain authority helps. Especially nofollow links from publishers assist you in building consistent traffic. Furthermore, it can help you increase your referral traffic which can in turn improves your brand name and results in organic growth. This again aids indirectly in rankings.
- Link building can only be done effectively, if you possess quality content. Both go hand in hand. And that’s why; search marketers should always concentrate on quality content rather than apparent link building activities.
- An interesting as well as debating matter is whether link with better relevance or link with better authority, which is more valuable for SEO. The majority votes goes to link with relevance! A link coming from relevant sites makes a better impact as compared to a link coming from non-relevant authority. Relevance brings quality traffic which later on can be transformed into leads. On the other hand, it is valuable since Google’s artificial intelligence is capable to identify the link with better authority, which can again hurt your rankings.
- Broken links are one bad thing for SEO. They can either interrupt or stop search engine spiders from crawling your site and thus indexing it. However, several tools are available to identify them and you can have opportunity to build proper link. They are: broken link checker wordpress plugin, Ahrefs, http://www.brokenlinkcheck.com/, http://smallseotools.com, screaming frog, and chrome plugin.
- At last, our participants shared the most effective link building techniques applied by them so far in the year 2017, they are:
- Embedding Infographics on other’s site,
- Sharing slide share
- Forum posting
- Guest blogging
Rehearsal the unique information and ideas that were exchanged during the chat!
Take a look at the Storify recap of “Logic of Link Building in SEO“
What people are saying:
Questions on Logic of Link Building in SEO
28 June 2017
Any further thoughts? Do drop in your words in the comments section! We’d love to hear from you.