Considering the need of content curation, this week, 31 May 2017, we had conducted our #AskQL chat on ‘impact of content curation on SEO’ at 15:00 AWST.
Most of the content marketers have shown deep interest for content curation since it helps in SEO as well. In our Twitter chat, we were glad to see industry experts actively interacting on each question with fellow colleagues. QL Tech heartily thanks to each and everyone who participated and shared their knowledge.
Their presence and participation is of top notch.
Chat discussion revolved around how content curation can have an impact on your SEO. The gist of the chat participation is summarized as follows:
- Content curation is a subset of content aggregation. Content curation is done internally by teams for sharing FREE resources to their target audience. On the other hand content aggregation is pulling content from different sources across the web and publishing them in a new format on one platform.
- Content curation pushes your SEO. It helps to improve search ranking and deliver quality content in front of your target audience.
- Content curation should be done smartly so that it does not harm your SEO. The key here is to curate the content for users not for search engines.
- Content curation is not at all plagiarism. It has to be ethical when you do and present it for your user. It’s all about adding value to the existing content. If the sourced content is too good for your audience, present as is by giving a due credit to the original source. However, it is always advisable to use original content with necessary modification that adds value.
- Content curation turns into content creation when you start creating quality content to educate your readers rather than promoting yourself. In other words, it is about publishing your own content with your perspective after curating from various sources.
- Last but not the least, how to do content curation? Well there are lot many best content curation tools available in the market. To name a few, they are: Buzzsumo, Feedly, Quora, Pinterest, Scoop.it, Storify, Entrepreneur, Buffer, Medium, and Triberr among others.
Rehearsal the exceptional information and perspectives that were exchanged during the chat!
Take a look at the Storify recap of “Impact of Content Curation on SEO”
What people are saying:
Questions on Impact of Content Curation on SEO
31 May 2017
Any further thoughts? Do drop in your words in the comments section! We’d love to hear from you.