Nowadays, with a boost in e-commerce, a lot of businesses have started their own websites. Of course, this has also boosted the competition. So, to attract the right crowd and the right numbers to your site, it should be outstanding in all aspects. A website can be regarded as optimum if it has comprehensible and interesting content. Other important elements for a good website include having a comfortable view, being easy to navigate, being browser and download friendly; and most importantly, being user-friendly. Google Launches a New Website Testing tool that provide how to optimize your website.
There are a lot of perks that one can avail by having an optimized website. Your website not only attracts customers but also educates them about your brand. Further, it enables you to get an idea about the buying behaviour of your clients. With the website, you are opening the door to a two-way communication, which is a faster mode of conversing. Through your website, you can receive instant feedback’s from your customers, without investing a penny.
Your website is the key for you to reach your goal. It is the best point for marketing.
To help you monitor your website’s user friendliness and speed on mobile and desktop, Google’s- Test My Site powered by Think with Google comes to your aid.
This tool ranks your website on a scale of 100 according to three parameters- mobile website builder, mobile speed, and website speed test for desktop.
- People have become quite impatient these days. This tool of Google analyzes your web design and coding, while simultaneously determining the loading speed of your website on the mobile devices and desktops.
- According to Google, 9 out of 10 people use multiple screens for a variety of tasks. If you are an Internet user, you might be familiar with our in-built impatience when it comes to surfing on the web and accessing websites. In order to adhere to providing a positive user experience to surfers online, it is important to be resilient as far as website compatibility with different mediums, screens and devices are concerned. If your website is not built to adapt to the immense pressure that is borne out of the habit of most people, where they have multiple screens open at the same time, it could lead to frustrating results. Thus it would not allow you to enjoy the perks of your site.
- While using a mobile device, people leave a site if it takes more than three seconds to load.
The dependence on mobiles in this present age is increasing considerably. In an age where web page speed and mobility are the names of the game, it can be very infuriating for the users if the site takes too long to load. This can cause a lot of problems for you as a website developer, especially if you are lose out on crucial page-views and visitor traffic. This can cause people to lose interest in your website and eventually, they will not want to visit your website due to this problem. Your website may be labelled like that train that always runs late, where people adapt themselves to the late timings of the train and only visit the station according to their previous experiences with the train timings. However, the Internet is much more brutal than that. If your website is slow, do not expect people to adapt to it anytime soon. Sad, but true.
At the same time, even if the results borne from this tool prove that your website is slow, you do not need to get all depressed. The information that the tool gives can be your motivation to make some serious changes in the backend of your website so that it is better optimized and adapted to the user behaviour in the world of today.
- User friendliness is something that attracts a user again and again to your website.
- The world has gone mobile friendly, is your website mobile friendly?
In a world where mobile phones sell faster than food items, if your website is not mobile optimized, you could be losing out of some serious elements in your digital conquest. Moreover, if your website is not mobile friendly, it can lead to even more disastrous results. Not having a customized website for mobile devices is worse than not having a mobile-optimized website. It is very annoying for a user if the site does not load in a proper orientation on a cell phone. A lot of people browse through websites while commuting or while free and they do this through their smartphones. If they encounter a website which is not customized to their screen-size, it could be as over-bearing on their digital journey as experiencing a tire-burst during a road-trip. Do not let your website be a tire-burst in the digital journeys of your audience.
- People do not like complicated designs.
What happens when you meet a really sophisticated individual? Well, you know, the ones who wear their accolades and their sophistication like clothes. You either get intimidated or frustrated, or find the easiest exit from the conversation. The same is the deal with the website on the digital landscape. If you put too many sophisticated and intriguing navigational patterns, use loud colours and utilize immense amounts of complex themes, the visitors may just abandon your website for good. On the other hand, if your website is simple and direct, your visitors will feel much more at home. Come on, they have to deal with enough sophistication in the real world. It would be an act of kindness to give them a simple and crisp online experience.
Post analysis, a free customized report of your site is sent to you. Further, if needed, Google links you to a variety of web developers approved by them. These include Weebly, Wix and Duda.
Test your website to see its proficiency! It’s time your experience a bit of digital catharsis in your life.